Loading Project 'Main' in MSCUI

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Hi, everyone. I just downloaded the mscui and loading it into visual studio has been a pain in the neck.

Part of it is always loaded and I keep getting the message "The project type is not surported by this installation".

Though I have loaded it into Visual Studio tools, I need to make some chnages to the source code and recompile.

Does anyone here know how to go about loading the project completely. I feel the problem is with the .csproj file.

Developer
Nov 26, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Hello

I'm sorry that you've had problems opening the solution. Two things spring to mind; both are covered in our Readme and Getting Started documents.

1) Do you have all the software prerequisites installed? Particularly those required to develop Microsoft Silverlight:

"To make use of all the functionality in the CUI Controls Toolkit, you will need to install the Visual Studio Tools for Microsoft® Silverlight™.

Microsoft Silverlight is a cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device plug-in for delivering the next generation of media experiences and rich interactive applications for the Web.

You can download Microsoft Silverlight Tools for Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 from:
http://silverlight.net/GetStarted/"

2) "If the version of Microsoft Visual Studio that you are using does not support unit testing functionality, error messages about unit testing files will display. You should ignore and close these error messages."

If that does not help you correct your problem, please list the names of the projects that are not loading and the versions of relevant software, the .NET Framework and Silverlight Tools that you have installed on your PC.

Regards

Ben

Nov 30, 2009 at 8:33 AM

Hi,
We are planning to use this Microsoft's Health CUI - Silverilght ToolKit and mainly inspired by the demo provided here - http://www.mscui.net/PatientJourneyDemonstrator/SecondaryCare.htm

We need to use the toolkit provided here and mainly in the 3rd section of above urls - it have a slide-up control at the bottom having -
    1) Search care primary library - for searching
    2) Active Care PathWays
    3) Essentioal Hypertension
    4) Moderate Depression

I have also attached same control's screen shot from given demo site for your reference.

So my main query about this control is - Can we get the required control's source code from the - Microsoft's Health CUI - Silverilght ToolKit ?
Or its something customized by your team [and not distributable]?

If this control is customized then, Is this customization done by using Microsoft's Health CUI - Silverilght ToolKit and then modified as per the requirement Or this is completely new control developed by you - can you please help me out on this confusion.

So for developing this kind of control can we use Microsoft's Health CUI - Silverilght ToolKit in any way OR we need to develop this from scratch.

Immediate response on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
DPK