What is the menu control composed of?

Oct 5, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Hello Guys

Does anyone know what base control is being used for the menu?  Specifically I am refering to the menu icon located near the top of left of the page on the patient record.  We have a need in our health app to have a similar semi circular fly out menu, such that it is touch sensitive and interactive. 

If someone could let me know if would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Developer
Oct 21, 2009 at 7:28 AM

Hi matt_chrs,

As the Patient Journey Demonstrator was built as a demonstration, the menu control was not based on anything reusable.

If you were attempting to build a menu control that has similar behaviour, I would recommend the following:

1. Create a custom panel that lays items out in a Circle (a Bing search for RadialPanel will show plenty of implementations of this)
  2. Create a new control (RadialMenu say) that derives ItemsControl and use your RadialPanel as the ItemsPanelTemplate
  3. In the template of your ItemsControl, add a button - the main 'Menu' button
  4. When the button is clicked, animate the Radius of your RaidalPanel to the desired size. Add fade and easing for extra effect.

Hope this helps!

Martin

Nov 21, 2011 at 4:23 PM
Edited Nov 21, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Hi Martin,

I know this is old, but I am new to SL.  And I would like to recreate the menu control in the Patient Journey Demonstrator.  Can you point me to the code that does this?

I am specifically having trouble with the shadow effect you are putting on the content area when the menu items are displayed.  When I make the radial panel transparent, the menu ITEMS also become transparent...

BTW - that's only ONE problem I am having!  :)  I would love to see the actual code that does the menu.  Is it available?  Thanks!!!!  Hope this gets to you...

Jim