Code for Secondary Care Pathway Functionality

Jul 16, 2009 at 6:11 AM

I am currently building a data driven web-service and want to use the Silverlight technology.  Because of limited time/budget, the "pre-packaged" Silverlight tools that are available have been invaluable.  The MSCUI site has fantastic functionality that applies to many data based websites.  However, my programmer has discovered that many of the great features are not available in the codeplex or via other channels.  This would force us to program from scratch.  Microsoft has clearly spent significant time developing these tools and it would be great for the community to have access to them to facilitate quick development of projects using Silverlight technology. 

We would appreciate the tools that are shown in the Secondary Care site in sub-section "4. Care pathways".  Specifically, the "Search Care Pathway Library" bar functionality shown on the bottom of the screen and the "Annotations" side tab show on the upper right side.  There are others that would be great, but these two would be a HUGE help for us now.

Would it be possible for me to dialogue with someone direct via e-mail or discuss via phone?  Help.......   Many thanks from San Francisco.

Jul 21, 2009 at 12:52 PM

hi SDB_SF

We do not have any plans to release the source code for the Patient Journey Demonstrator though we are continuing to develop new controls (unfortunately no immediate plans relating to the Care Pathway Library search).

I recommend that you sign up to the RSS on the MSCUI codeplex site to receive news of new controls as they are released.

Regards
Tom Chapman

Jul 21, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Tom-

Thank you for your response. The silverlight technology is really revolutionary and allows for small entrepreneurs to develop new apps that are better than ever.

Is there any way to purchase the code or some other avenue to get some “unique” treatment? I am a 2 man shop – me and my programmer. To replicate that code would take us months and cost me a lot of money that I don’t have. I’ve seen some chats from MSCUI staff that cautions around certain code usage within the healthcare industry. My application is only for a non-health care application. Does that help?

Thank you very much…

David

Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:53 AM
To: ds_compak@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Code for Secondary Care Pathway Functionality [mscui:62584]

hi SDB_SF

We do not have any plans to release the source code for the Patient Journey Demonstrator though we are continuing to develop new controls (unfortunately no immediate plans relating to the Care Pathway Library search).

I recommend that you sign up to the RSS on the MSCUI codeplex site to receive news of new controls as they are released.

Regards
Tom Chapman

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mscui@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mscui@discussions.codeplex..com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:49 AM

hi David

Although we are not able to release the source code for the demonstrator, the source code for several discrete controls is available for download from the Codeplex site. Have you taken a look at these already? (http://mscui.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=25602)

We do not place any restrictions on the use of these controls or reuse of elements of the code. Please continue to monitor the MSCUI.net and Codeplex sites as we will release new code elements periodically.

I hope that this gives you a head start in your work.

Regards

Tom Chapman

MSCUI Release Manager

Jul 23, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Thanks Tom – I’m hopeful that you and your team release some of the advanced features on codeplex. The programming you’ve done there is incredible.

Best,

David Silver

Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:50 AM

hi David

Although we are not able to release the source code for the demonstrator, the source code for several discrete controls is available for download from the Codeplex site. Have you taken a look at these already? (http://mscui.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=25602)

We do not place any restrictions on the use of these controls or reuse of elements of the code. Please continue to monitor the MSCUI.net and Codeplex sites as we will release new code elements periodically.

I hope that this gives you a head start in your work.

Regards

Tom Chapman

MSCUI Release Manager

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mscui@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mscui@discussions.codeplex..com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 23, 2009 at 4:08 PM

We appreciate the feedback David. All new features we release will be made available via the codeplex site.

Best of luck with your work.

Rgeards

Tom Chapman

Jul 23, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Tom – is there a “moonlighting” service where I could hire some of the developers from MSCUI during after hours?

Best, David

Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:09 AM

We appreciate the feedback David. All new features we release will be made available via the codeplex site.

Best of luck with your work.

Rgeards

Tom Chapman