Single Concept matching control in Silverlight highlighting issue of terms.

Jul 10, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Hi,

I am using the downloaded code of the MSCUI. I am using Single concept matching control. The problem is when I am searching the encoded term it gets searched and comes in the list. When I enter in the input box to enter diagnosis the key encoded terms are never highlighted so that we can replace them with the searched term of the list.

Please help me ASAP.

Thanks,

Paritosh

Developer
Jul 13, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Hello

The SingleConceptMatching page on mscui.net uses a private web service provided by Health Language, Inc. (HLI) to search for and encode SNOMED terms.

As SNOMED is a licensed product provided by HLI, the MSCUI source code available here for download does not include the interface to this web service.

In the source code, the Microsoft.Cui.ServicesSample project serves as a replacement for the SNOMED web service so the control can be demonstrated.

This project only returns search results for a limited number of SNOMED concepts relating to hypertension. The functionality demonstrated on mscui.net to parse and encode any additional text relies on more complex interactions with the SNOMED web service and is not implemented in the ServicesSample project.

If you are interested in access to a complete SNOMED web service, please refer to this earlier thread where Raphael Ploix from HLI responded to a similar question.

http://mscui.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=56782

If you have further quesions about the SingleConceptMatching control please reply here.

Regards

Ben