Silverlight Patient Banner margin

Jul 3, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Hi all,

I am finding that when putting the Silverlight Patient Banner into an asp.net page by using the ASP Silverlight control there is a left margin within the Silverlight.  I have the control in a Silverlight web application in the default Page.xaml.  I then build the xap file and using an asp Silverlight control I reference the xap file.  The control does not align to the left.  I have tried margins, padding,  Horizontal alignment and I can't seem to get rid of this gap on the left hand side.

I know this because if I right-click just to the left of the control I can see that the "silverlight" context menu appears rather than the IE one.

I am new to Silverlight and am not keen to develop a whole application in Silverlight yet.  Equally there are reasons for not using the ASP.Net patient banner server control.

Can anyone help me as to why there is this ident on the left side??  It is not showing in the Page.xaml preview.

Andrew

Jul 3, 2009 at 10:44 AM

I have found that when creating the silverlight application although the xap file is placed into the web application it is only a copy.  I assumed it would update on build but it doesn't seem to.

Anyway, once I realised this and updated the xap file it is fine.

Jul 3, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Thanks for letting us know Andrew. Any other questions, please drop us an email.

Regards

Tom Chapman

MSCUI Release Manager