Patient Journey Demonstrator

Jun 18, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Hi,

We have recently started a new WPF project which we hope will make extensive use of at least some of the MSCUI controls. The application we're aiming for has several overlaps with the Silverlight demo app used for the Patient Journey Demonstrator (http://mscui.net/PatientJourneyDemonstrator/), particularly the primary care app. However, we're having difficulty recognising the components as specific MSCUI controls; e.g. the appointment planner, repeat prescription requests and reports list. Will these controls become available at some point? Also, are there any plans to release the source code for this demo in the near future?

Thanks,

Steven

Jun 18, 2009 at 4:04 PM

hi Steven

Your project sounds very interesting.

We don't have any plans to release the source code for the Patient Journey Demonstrator and, as you have recognised, the majority of our research and control development has related to secondary care scenarios. Unfortunately we are not planning any primary care focussed work in the near future.

I would encourage you to read the guidance documents we have published on MSCUI.net and endeavour to apply patient safety principles in your system design.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, though I would be very interested to hear more about your plans. Feel free to drop us another email if you have any further questions or hit any roadblocks you think we may be able to help with.

Regards

Tom Chapman

MSCUI Release Manager

Jun 18, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. It's unfortunate that the source code for the demo app isn't available; I think a lot of people would benefit from taking a look at how some of the more complex controls are put together.

Would it be possible to give us a brief outline of how some of the non-standard controls in the demo have been set-up? For example, the "Most Recent Activities" data-grid style control on the patient record screen of the primary care app, which displays recent conditions, along wth the clinician's name, dates, surgery etc. Is this control a composition of existing MSCUI controls such as the Medications List View? If so, how much custom code had to go into it, if any? This control in particular is very close to what we're looking to use in our own application, but we're on a fairly limited time scale.

Regards,

Steven

Jun 22, 2009 at 8:48 AM

hi Steven

In fact much of the Demonstrator work preceded the development of MSCUI guidance and controls and, in any event, this is primarily UI exploration. One drawback of this approach is that, in some areas, the guidance research is at odds with the demonstrator design (these ares are highlighted in the demonstrator), so in developing new patient safe applications I would strongly recommend familiarising yourself with the guidance, rather than simply following the demonstrator visuals.

Something which may be of interest are the blog entries relating to the Patient Journey Demonstrator (http://www.mscui.net/Blog/2008/12/default.aspx).

Hope that helps

Regards

Tom

Jun 24, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the blog link. Will take a look at that and the the guidance notes.

Regards,

Steven

Nov 26, 2010 at 7:35 AM

Greeting of the Day!

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the link !

I’m looking for the help of using control implementation, where can I get the help of code with related to all control.

Thanks & Regards,

JayKishan Grover