This project is read-only.

Displaying Allergies details in Patient Banner

Jun 1, 2009 at 11:30 AM

As per the MSCUI, Allergies should be mentioned in one of the five sections in Patient  banner, Is it mandatory ? or shall we keep an icon for Allergies, clicking on icon should display the allergies pop up with much allergy details.

Jun 23, 2009 at 6:56 AM

CUI guidance is that the display of Allergy propensities in the Patient Banner is not mandatory (PAB-0031 “Optionally, display allergy propensity information in Zone 2 of the Patient Banner”), but it is recommended. If you do choose to display allergy propensity information, then it should be in section 5 of Zone 2, and display labels for allergy propensities should be preceded by an icon. Please see page 17 of the Patient Banner guidance document. For further, more specific information regarding Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR), please Recording Adverse Drug Reactions Risks and Displaying Adverse Drug Reaction Risks. 

Jun 26, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Hi

I've just started with the CUI - trying to get my head around all the info!

Are the allergies the same as the ADR? I see that some people may use the allegies for food/substances rather than Drugs.

What's the reccomended route here(Ive scanned the Recording ADR Document but found no strong ref to this)?  Should they be one and the same?

Thanks

Chris

Jun 30, 2009 at 7:38 AM

Dear Chris - Thanks for your query. As you describe, ‘allergy’ is often used to describe allergies to food and substances as well as drugs. The CUI guidance on Adverse Drug Reactions deals specifically with drugs so we have been very specific with the title (and content). They are not the same, allergies is a wider term.