SingleConceptMatching and HLI

May 19, 2009 at 2:19 PM

I am currently working on an oncology-based EMR, and one our functional requirements is a master medical problem pick list that can be used by our providers to build a patient problem list.  I came across your SingleConceptMatching control, and I was wondering if this might provide a basis for our pick list.

To that end, I have some questions:

• Does HLI provide the term library as a web-based service, or do they offer table-based data sets? (We use SQL tables for our EMR data)
  • What kind of licensing agreements must be in place to utilize the HLI data? Are there subscription costs for updates?
  • Do they offer any oncology oriented term libraries?

Our primary consideration for using a term library is to reduce disparities in term usage between providers. We are currently using formatted text entry and this results in patient problem list entries that vary in term usage form one provider to the next, making it untenable to query the data in a meaningful way.

May 20, 2009 at 4:01 PM
Edited May 20, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Greetings,

Thank you for your interest in HLI’s services. Your use case is the exact sort of problem our products address.

To answer your questions:
1.    HLI provides terminology services in several flavors to respond to various needs – web services (hosted or local), local repositories accessed by HLI’s Language Engine with an API that supports both .NET and Java
2.    HLI product licensing, support and regular updates of the terminology data to keep up to date with standards would form part of a commercial discussion.
3.    HLI’s team of terminology professional produces Medical Specialty Subsets which include Oncology subsets amongst others.

If you would like further information please contact enquiries@healthlanguage.com
Regards,

Raphael

May 20, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Raphael,

Thanks for the reply. That is encouraging news. I will touch base with HLI directly.

Thanks,

Bruce