Patient Record Layout Panel

Apr 8, 2009 at 6:29 PM
I'm trying to mimic Patient Record Layout Panel.

It's a great layout system.  I like how each section remains fixed in a relative position whether it's minimized, maximized, or in its "dashboard" state. 

Was this created using fixed Grid panels?  I can't imagine it behaving like the Drag Dock Panel, which has more of a flow layout behavior.

I can imagine that there are 2 major sections of the dashboard, left and right which may correspond to 2 Grid columns.
Within the left, there's a horizontal split with a large on top and 2 small on bottom.
Within the right, there's is 1 column with 3 rows.

I was planning on implementing it this way.
May 19, 2009 at 4:05 AM

Any feedback from the developer on this?

I am also keen to develop an applicaiton utilising this type of layout and behaviour.

I have tried with Blacklight DragDockPanel but can't get the same effect.

Developer
May 19, 2009 at 7:00 AM

Hi there,

The panel used for the patient record page is based on a Grid with Auto sized columns and rows. When a sub panel expands, all of the sub panels are animated to their new height and width (which are calculated in code based on the number of rows and columns, and their position).

Although the style is similar to the dragging docking panels, this was created as a completely new panel as the layout rules were quite different.

Thanks,

Martin

May 19, 2009 at 8:54 PM
Edited May 19, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Hi,

That makes sense as you can't drag the panels around. Dont suppose there are any code samples available are there? :-)

One more question, on the GP Landing page the left most DragDockPanel (appointments) spans 2 rows. I cant seem to get this to work in my project. What properties are set to achieve this?

Cheers,

Kevin

Developer
May 19, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Hi,

I haven't seen any code samples on the web that will demonstrate this particular layout panel, however, the effect is quite easily achieved, especially if you know the target layout.

The DragDockPanel controls are not exactly the same as those shown in the Patient Journey Demonstrator, but rather, a completely re-written and more simple version of those panels. This is why you are unable to set row and column spans. You are more than welcome to extend the panels, however, to achieve the spanning.

Thanks,

Martin

May 20, 2009 at 3:02 AM

One thing I can seem to gte my head around at the moment is how you develop the full content for a dragdockpanel.

When the the panel is in restore mode I have a number of items viewable, but when its maximised I would like to expose more items.

In the IDE all the panels on a DragDockHost default to the restore state. Any tips on adding itmes to a maximised panel in design time?

Cheers,

Kevin.

Developer
May 20, 2009 at 6:15 AM

Hi Kevin,

If you have questions, feedback etc. about Blacklight, can you please post them on the forums at http://blacklight.codeplex.com.

Blacklight and MSCUI are 2 seperate projects.

Thanks,

Martin.