live ECG Display

Dec 29, 2008 at 3:08 PM
Edited Jan 5, 2009 at 9:30 AM
At present, I am working on a small project using WPF to display ECG curve dynamicly. But for WPF or SilverLight I have little experience and I have no idea on how to display the ECG curve. On the website http://www.mscui.net I found wonderful ECG curve display function called "Live ECG", that is really what I want to realize, so would you give me some suggestions on how to display this kind of ECG curve dynamicly. If this are some codes or design documents I can get from your side so that I can learn how to implement it. Thank you very much!
Coordinator
Jan 7, 2009 at 5:09 PM
Unfortunately the ECG trace in the Patient Journey Demonstrator is just a design concept at this stage and does not have any specific design guidance documentation to support it. At present there are no plans to work on this as a piece of guidance because we have other priority items to focus on as described in our roadmap. Sorry I can't be more helpful.    

We're grateful for the feedback - thanks for your interest in CUI.
Jan 8, 2009 at 1:38 AM
Thank you very much for your reply. I have seen the waveform moving on the UI, on the "Live exercise test stream" part, it is really wonderful waveform and we can zoom it when it is clicked. I have the experence in drawing the moving waveform on "MFC". Now I need to do the same thing as you have done on the "Live exercise test stream" part on ".net" platform, but I have little knowledge on this field, so could you share some experences on how to drawing the dynamic waveform using WPF/SilverLight  technology with me, that will help us a lot! Thank you very much for your help!
Coordinator
Jan 28, 2009 at 2:05 PM
The drawing of these items are done using a Path. The Path is plotted on a canvas, and the canvas panel is moved to give the impression of live data. Once the edge of the canvas is reached, we place the canvas back to its starting location, and then move the canvas again.

-Stuart.