New with MSCUI and some questions (especially Allergies)

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Hey everyone, this is my first post here, since I just started working with the MSCUI and this is the one and only board I found some help already.

Of course the project page (http://www.mscui.net/ControlsAndSamples.aspx) contains some interesting information as well but honestly I kinda miss some "real" examples how to interact with all the various controls. I am kinda new to C# too what does not make it easier, but since I need the MSCUI for an university project I have to find my way through :)

So, could anyone recommend me any other source where I can find C# implemented solutions to use them as a reference? My problem is that most of the things I am finding are using XAML to interact with the controls but since I am using dynamical data I would have to process them with C# code.

I mainly need resources for the Patient Banner, the Graphing Tool and the Web Data Grip.

Thank you very much if you already read it till here and maybe respond too :P

To my urgent question:
I am now trying for a few hours to display some allergies in the Patient Banner. The simple String fields dont cause me any problems, here some code how I am setting some values:

private void btnAddSampleData_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {
            patientBanner.GivenName = "First";
            patientBanner.FamilyName = "Second";
       }

But how to set allergies? My current code:

Allergy allergy = new Allergy(); 
allergy.AllergyName = "gras";
allergy.LastUpdatedOn = Convert.ToDateTime("06-03-2007");

patientBanner.Allergies.Add(allergy);

1st i create a new allergy, set the name and date and in the end add it to the banner. But the only way I found to display the data is when I add AllergyInformation="Present" in the XAML code. 

How is this possible in C#?

Thank you very much for your time!

Hoping for some answers, kind regards! 

Nov 9, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Stupid me, just figured out how to change that status, seems like my brain was a little tired before :)
If any one else has the same problem here the code how I solved it:

Allergy allergy = new Allergy();
allergy.AllergyName = "nuts";
allergy.LastUpdatedOn = Convert.ToDateTime("06-03-2007");

patientBanner.Allergies.Add(allergy);

patientBanner.AllergyInformation = AllergyInformation.Present;  

But still I would be happy for any others sources of information if available.

Cheers