Adding a SQL Database

Oct 16, 2008 at 9:55 PM
The Silverlight 2 design examples are nicely done. Could the team consider hooking the patient record to a Web service and a real SQL Server Database? That would turn this into the best Silverlight business application sample available.

http://weblogs.asp.net/kencox/archive/2008/10/16/nice-silverlight-2-business-app-design-with-source-code.aspx

Ken
MVP [ASP.NET]
Coordinator
Oct 21, 2008 at 11:22 AM
Thanks for your comments Ken.

I've asked our architect to look into your question and we will get back to you soon.
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2008 at 9:50 AM
It's great to hear your comments about our sample Ken.

Unfortunately CUI has a finite budget and we have taken the decision to focus specifically on the user interface layer of the application stack. When we looked at this we decided that guidance and samples concerning best practice for connecting applications to business and data layers was relatively easy to find on MSDN and elsewhere. So we have decided to focus our effort on UI design improvement and innovation as we feel this is how this inititiative can best add value.
Feb 19, 2009 at 6:48 PM
I am also looking for the described functionality with the addition of utilizing BizTalk.... so a combination of Microsoft technologies such as Health Connection Engine, IHE XDS.b, and the Health Common User Interface using web services to produce a simple proof of concept scenario for integrated and interoperable healthcare data. 

Are they any updates on this?
Coordinator
Mar 4, 2009 at 8:48 AM
Hi -  at this stage we have no plans to incorporate any of the functionality or technologies you mentioned. However we will continue to add new features and scenarios to the demonstrator in the future.
Oct 4, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Hi,

I'm new to biztalk and its usage so could you please let me know few points.

Is't mandatory to have biztalk to develop and implement the HCE.

And do we need Biztalk server on client end (Deployment server) to run the application.

With Regards

Aslam

Developer
Oct 5, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Hi Aslam

Please post your question in the BizTalk Server forums

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/biztalkserver/

Regards

Ben