Porting to RC0?

Sep 29, 2008 at 6:23 PM
Is any initiative underway to convert MSCUI.net to RC0?  I started the process and realized it's gonna take a little time to sweep through everything! :)

This is really an amazing framework and a superb demo at once, and having moved myself to RC0, it'd be great to have this goodness there too.

cheers
Rob
Coordinator
Oct 6, 2008 at 11:19 AM
Hi Rob

Thanks for your interest in MSCUI.  I'm assuming you are talking about Silverlight 2 Release Candidate 0?  We are in the process of updating all of our Silverlight controls to Release Candidate 0 but will not be releasing them until the final Release To Web version of Silverlight 2 is released.

Thanks

Mike

Coordinator
Oct 30, 2008 at 2:27 PM
Just to close this off - the Silverlight 2 Release To Web versions of our controls are now available in the latest release.

Mike
Oct 31, 2008 at 9:52 AM
Hi Mike,

Great work on getting the controls updated for Silverlight 2.0 RTW.

On a related note, I know that the ASP.Net controls are effectively deprecated, but from a "maintenance" perspective are you going to update them as the AJAX Control Toolkit moves forwards?

Cheers

Joel
Coordinator
Nov 6, 2008 at 10:37 AM
Hi Joel

We're not planning to update the ASP.NET controls to reflect the evolution of the ASP.NET Control Toolkit. We plan to use this site to post relevant workaround and fixes that may be needed to address backward compatibility issues. We welcome any feedback so if you come across anything specific in this area, please let us know.

Regards, Jim