Layout controls from demonstrator

Jul 8, 2008 at 2:25 PM
Is the source for layout controls used in the silverlight demonstrator every going to be released?
Coordinator
Jul 10, 2008 at 9:40 AM
Thanks for your interest in MSCUI.  We are currently planning future work on the demonstrator, and part of this planning includes considering making sections of the source code available. We will look to confirm our plans here on the MSCUI Codeplex discussion forum in the future.

smbecker wrote:
Is the source for layout controls used in the silverlight demonstrator every going to be released?

Jul 29, 2008 at 7:55 AM
Just wanted to clarify more specifically.  Panels looking like web parts with a little rectangle at the right top corner for maximizing a selected panel  and  moving the rest to the right ( kind of docking )  is that unreleased as source code layout controls ? 
Jul 29, 2008 at 7:58 PM
I know you are still in the planning stages for this, but I have to add my plea to release some of the amazing code from your demo - even just some snippets as blog posts (and not full-fledged / supported controls/products) would really be helpful.

I am working on an application that needs nearly exactly the scheduling / calendar functionality that is shown in your demo. Just seeing how you wired the drag/drop between the controls would be an amazing help in keeping things moving.

We've got two paid projects in the health care area sold on the idea of Silverlight and RIAs for their LOB apps.  Your inspiring work can not reach us all too soon.
Jul 30, 2008 at 5:28 PM
Would like to re-iterate that these are very cool tools, and that any release of code as snippets, blogs, etc. would help a lot.

We are starting an application that is somewhat similar (but not medical) and I realy want to adopt some of the layout methodologies you are using. Can you please provide an estimated date as to when you will have some idea of pulication.

Many thanks. Keep up the great work.
Developer
Jul 30, 2008 at 6:14 PM

Hi all,

I cannot confirm when MSCUI will officially release the controls you are after, however, I will be making a post to my blog at the end of this week about how to create Silverlight content controls which allow you to move content around the screen, similar to the layout shown in the demonstrator. This will give you a customisable web part effect.

My blog is over at http://blogs.msdn.com/mgrayson - where I have already posted the foundation animation stuff that the panels will use.

The post should be up by Friday, with source code.

Thanks,
Martin

Jul 30, 2008 at 8:07 PM
Thanks Martin - looking forward to it.
Jul 30, 2008 at 10:35 PM
That is great. I can't wait.

Thanks.

Aug 5, 2008 at 11:34 PM
Martin,

Thanks for part one of the post. It is very clean and cool. But that was a teaser. Now I really want part 2.

Any guess as to when it will come out?

Thanks.
Developer
Aug 7, 2008 at 8:42 AM
Hey, you are right, it was a bit of a teaser!

I will hopefully get Part 2 out in the next couple of days. I write these in my own time ( I do have a day job on the project too! ) so it will always take a little longer to produce the code with comments, blog post and docs. Keep an eye on the blog and it will be with you soon!

Martin