Converting to VS2010 and Silverlight 4

Jul 13, 2011 at 3:56 PM

The Patient Journey Demonstrator is amazing and I would love to see the code behind many of the controls and get a feel for how they are designed.  I downloaded the code for the MSCUI, but only have VS2010 and Silverlight 4 available.  As a result, I had an enormous error list when I attempted to build the solution.  I followed Bill Krat's blog on converting from VS2008 to VS2010 (http://www.global-webnet.net/blogengine/post/2009/11/11/Migrating-CUI-from-VS2008-to-VS2010.aspx), but still have about 125 errors.  Most of these errors can be grouped into 6 categories ('the tag xxx does not exist in XML namespace', 'type xxx exists in both aaa.dll and bbb.dll', 'Metadata file xxx could not be found', 'the type or namespace name xxx could not be found', 'the type reference cannot find a public type named xxx', and 'unknown server tag xxx').  I have attempted to work through some of the issues where the types are in two dll's, but it is painstakingly slow.  Also, that will not fix the other major issues.  Any ideas on how to fix these errors or is a newer version of the PJD coming out anytime soon? 

Thanks in advance!!

Jul 26, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Please read the other posts - the code will not be released.

This project is dead in the water. Not only because WPF and Silverlight are being superceded in Windows 8, but probably because MS realised how impossible it is the get anything out of the NHS LOL.

Very interesting demo though and full of ideas for those who want to pursue a solution...

Aug 25, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Lamboman, you are right, is so sad but you are right.

but i (personally ) know that Silverlight will be the one for LOB, due to

Microsoft has way to many projects build on SL..

the SCADA industial world has moved to Silverlight

Lynk (the Microsoft GoToMeeting ) is on Silver light and so many more big projects.

but as we speak, we all feel very sad that such powerful system as Silverlight could even be considered to make it absolute, by some of MS top executives afraid of Apple and Android

Maybe at Build 2011, they will say. Silverlight is for Business and HTML5+JQuery is for consumer related products like the Apple market.

Anyway, I have learned so much from MSCUI, and am so grateful for it,  it helped to created my Medical Silverlight OpenSource Project

http://medlink.codeplex.com/