Optimizing Clinician work

Sep 1, 2010 at 4:45 PM

What are the best ways to optimize the clinician work. Can a doctor completes the patient clinical record (EHR) for a visit in 3 min in using computer?

What are the bestways to present the screens for doctors?

How fast can a doctor key in the prescription in computer?

Oct 7, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Yes you can easily enter it in 3.  But the picklist of readcodes is too slow in appearing.  The picklist also needs to be in the order of how common a readcode is used, so if I type Diabetes, I'd want type 2 diabetes top of the list not a long way down.

As it is now, possibly due to bandwidth it isn't as quick and crisp as it needs to be.  I need to be able to do things in 1 not 3 mins.

Obviously the length of the allowed text fields in data entry in the demonstrator are too short.

It needs a tasks section so that actions can be quickly and easily made, that can have traceability and assurance that a task is followed through and completed.

You also need to have the concept of active health issues - what diagnoses does a patient have.  Often they will present with the same diagnosis again so I want to be able to re select that quickly.  When prescribing I need to have the full previous medication reecord to hand - having the prescibing box as is would make this impossible to use.