Timeline scrolling

Mar 24, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Am I missing something or shouldn't the content of the graphs in the timeline control scroll horizontally with the time window?

The sample usage page demonstrates the 'issue' : http://www.mscui.net/Components/Timeline.aspx

You have to set the time window to 20 years to see the data points to get a feel for what I'm asking.

I also have some screen shots of my UI but I don't see any way to attach them...

Mar 25, 2010 at 11:14 AM

hi bblattel

Could you explain specifically what the issue is so we can investigate please? Tha MSCUI sample is set to 5 days by default (to show all the measurements data) and the content does scroll.

Regards

Tom Chapman

MSCUI Release Manager

Mar 25, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Thanks for your response Tom,

On my system when the sample first loads (with 5 days chosen) the only data I see is in the 'diabetes mellitus type 1' problem.

When I change the time window to 20 or 100 years I can see data in all the other graphs under all three sections (Problems, Medication and Measurements).

However the horizontal scroll bar scrolls only the top and bottom TimeLineGraph's (they appear to be the ones with the TopAxisStyle and BottomAxisStyle).  The content of the data graphs does not scroll.

A few screen shots would describe the problem pretty clearly...

Best regards,

Byron Blattel

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Tom,

It appears the problem is related to Silverlight 4 RC.  I just checked on a system running the SL 3 client and it works as I would expect...

Byron

Mar 25, 2010 at 3:20 PM

hi Byron

You are absolutely right :-) This is an SL4 related bug. We have it documented and I will let you know once we have a fix identified.

Thanks for leting us know.

Regards

Tom

Mar 25, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Any guess when this might be fixed?  If it's too far out I will need to try to fix it myself.

Thanks,

Byron

Mar 26, 2010 at 11:31 AM

hi Byron

This was an SL4 runtime issue that has been corrected in the RC version. You won't need to make any MSCUI toolkit code changes - just get the SL4 RC version as soon  as it is released.

Cheers

Tom

Mar 26, 2010 at 2:48 PM

I am running the RC version - 4.0.50303.0

Thanks,

Byron

Mar 30, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Tom,

Has anyone looked into this yet?

Best regards,

Byron