This project is read-only.

Error when running the MSI

Dec 19, 2007 at 8:07 PM
I've been trying to install this for the better part of 2 hours now. Each time I do I've been getting errors no matter which environment I've tried using. On my Vista machine with .NET 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008 installed I get an error saying "ASP.NET AJAX extensions are not installed on your computer" which I know 100% is false. In my Windows 2003 virtual machine with Visual Studio 2005 sp1 and .net 2.0 with the AJAX extensions installed I get the error "Visual Studio 2005 Standard or better, with Service Pack 1, is not present on your computer". With both of these errors the installation cancels out and I am unable to even unpack the source code so that I might try compiling it myself. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Dec 20, 2007 at 2:46 PM
Hi

We have had occasional reports of issues with the reg keys we check for the pre-requisites.

The key we check for SP1 is as follows:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DevDiv\VS\Servicing\8.0\SP and are looking for a value of 1.

This is described in more detail in the blog post here:
http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2006/12/17/detecting-visual-studio-2005-service-pack-1.aspx

However we believe that under certain circumstances (including slipstreamed installs), this key does not get set to 1. Please check your registry to see what this key is set to and if it is zero, setting to 1 will do no harm.

Regards, Jim