Extending Graph Behavior

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone has get the Extending Graph Behavior example working from http://www.mscui.net/Blog/post/Extending-Graph-Behavior.aspx ?
I've got it almost working, I have the button with the T on it. When I click on it I get the data view, but with No data in it :-( There is data in the graphs, I've tried it using using static data with Grid.Resources and a FilteredCollection. Also where I create the Graphs in behide code. Has nayone else had this problem? if so, how did you get around it.

Thanks

Chris.

Mar 15, 2010 at 2:27 PM

hi Chris

Do yo have some sample  code? If so, please send this over and we will take a look for you.

Regards

Tom Chapman

MSUI Release Manager

Mar 15, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Hi Tom,

Thanks for getting back. I've got it working working now. I was converting the c# code to vb. In the sub LayoutRoot_Loaded (in the TimeGraphExtender.vb file)  the  line 'dataGrid.ItemsSource = layoutRoot.DataContext as IEnumerable;' Was converting to myDataGrid.ItemsSource = TryCast(layoutRoot.DataContext, IEnumerable(Of TimePoint))
I
 changed it to ... myDataGrid.ItemsSource = layoutRoot.DataContext and it's working now.

I have notice it stops working when I updated the Microsoft.Cui.Controls.dll to version 8.0.200.000  I've copied version 7.0.185.000 back, and it works fine.

Chris.

Mar 15, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Thanks for the info Chris. I've passed this on to our test team.

Glad you've got your code up and running.

Regards

Tom

Mar 17, 2010 at 12:36 PM

hi Chris

Quick update on the issue you encountered. The graphing base classes changed with our latest toolkit release (R8). If you were using them that would explain the problem.

Regards

Tom