This project is read-only.

Localization?

Aug 29, 2007 at 1:02 AM
The Ajax Control Toolkit is already using lozalization features. Will it be there some localization features on the MS CUI?
Sep 6, 2007 at 2:50 PM
So I can answer your question correctly, do you mean localisation features of the MS CUI controls (Patient Banner, Date and Time etc...) or the MS CUI Website?
Sep 10, 2007 at 5:37 PM
On the MS CUI Controls, not the MS CUI website
Sep 12, 2007 at 11:17 AM
The Toolkit controls are fully localizable in this release. That is, the controls can easily be localized using the standard localization model for Windows Forms and ASP.NET. The controls do not ship with localized resources (other than the fallback resources which are in English (United Kingdom)) and so you must provide your own localizations. With regard to globalization, with the exception of the date and time controls, all controls are globalized.

As we haven't done a lot of different localizations internally I appreciate there might be a few issues when the localizations are performed. We would welcome feedback on this either way, so we can improve the controls as a result.
May 15, 2009 at 4:31 PM
Edited May 15, 2009 at 4:37 PM

sorry, i am new in programing.

Is there any tutorial about how to build localized resources?

i want to use PatientBanner in asp.net, but gender is always shown in English.

and how to make date display in yyyy-mm-dd?

thank you very much.

May 23, 2009 at 6:35 AM

http://www.west-wind.com/presentations/wwDbResourceProvider/introtolocalization.aspx

from my delicious account.... ;)

May 23, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Hi vgarcias,

you are so kind, thanks for your help.

it is very useful. ^^