Roadmap for the controls

Aug 20, 2007 at 3:12 PM
Hello,

Is there a list of controls you are going to implement in CUI? Will the entire main screen be implemented as it shown in documentation/guideline? I mean medications tab, various search controls, zip code picker, messages and tasks from the main screen etc.

--
Thanks, Leonid
Aug 21, 2007 at 4:21 AM
Also, will any of the controls be implemented in Windows Presentation Foundation? At HIMSS 2007, in February, I heard that WPF controls were on the horizon.
Aug 23, 2007 at 4:18 PM
Up until now we've taken the decision to implement WebForms versions of the controls first, followed by equivalent WinForms (in most cases). We made this technology decision based on talking to a number of UK based Healthcare ISVs, in terms of what would provide the biggest overlap with their own Technology roadmaps.

We would like to build controls in WPF, and would be particularly interested in hearing from any Healthcare ISVs that are developing using WPF now or plan to in the near future. We would also be interested in understanding from ISVs which aspects of the clinical application might be particularly suited to the use of WPF.

We are currently working on our roadmap for the next 18 months. When this is complete we will publish it on: http://www.mscui.net/roadmap/roadmap.aspx. The roadmap will describe which clinical areas we plan to tackle and potential controls that we could create in these areas.

When we shortly look at Medications we will aim to build a number of discrete and smaller controls that can be used in the area of Medications, rather than building one very functional Medications control. It is felt that a discrete number of smaller controls stand a much better opportunity for being adopted into existing clinical applications.
Aug 24, 2007 at 3:36 PM
Good point about the medications, a lot of existing system are going to have a tough time adopting a completely new approach/structure. Best ease people into it.

WPF should definetly be a top priority for you guys, this is perfect way for MS to demonstrate the power of XAML and WPF.

just my two pence.
Dec 3, 2007 at 6:19 PM

chrisboonham wrote:
We would like to build controls in WPF, and would be particularly interested in hearing from any Healthcare ISVs that are developing using WPF now or plan to in the near future. We would also be interested in understanding from ISVs which aspects of the clinical application might be particularly suited to the use of WPF.

I'm directing a large 'green field' application development effort. It will be used by a wide variety of organisations in healthcare, and we're looking at the MSCUI as a potential tool in our belt. We're also seriously considering Silverlight 2.0 now that the XAML model has been corrected to overlap with that of WPF. It is my sincere hope that a WPF version of the MSCUI will become available, and that we will be able to leverage it in a Silverlight front-end.

While our application is not directly an EMR, it makes use of data found in EMRs for decision support during case mangement, utilization review, and other patient-centric processes.